An important parent meeting will be held on Wednesday, September 27, 2017 at 8:30 a.m. in the school cafeteria. We urge you to attend and become a vital part of the Lowrey School learning community with our staff and students.
Read at Home Plan for Lowrey
- Reading book bags will go home daily
- Students must read books:
- K-1 (15+ minutes daily)
- 2-5 (30+ minutes daily)
- Students will complete a reading assignment daily
- Book Logs– Signed daily by parents
- Online reading websites through the District homepage (CLEVER) http://students.dearbornschools.org/ and in our Monthly Newsletter
- Click on the Clever App and after logging in choose the myOn App and choose a book of your choice!
- Signed by Governor Snyder on 10/6/16, is now Public Act 306 of 2016
- Attempts to ensure that more students will achieve a score of at least proficient in ELA on the 3rd Grade state assessment
- Requires implementation of Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS) elements to ensure early intervention of at risk students.
Four Key Elements of MTSS Include:
- Provide reading instruction that meet the needs of the students in the classroom.
- Utilize assessments to screen, diagnose and progress monitor student growth at least three times a year using NWEA, DRA and WA
- For students identified as having reading delays, an individual reading intervention plan needs to be developed to layer on reading support and interventions. (IIP)
- Notify parents and provide support for reading at home. Parent/Teacher conferences, Parent compact, and 2 or more year contract.
- Legislates a process to retain students that fail to read proficiently by the end of 3rd grade.