The Cool 2 Be Kind Club (C2BK) was established in 2009 is San Clemente, California and now has chapters all across the country. We are excited to announce that we are now creating our own C2BK club at Lowrey School. We are the 1st school in Michigan to establish a chapter in this wonderful organization.
This group will consist of students who are dedicated to changing the culture of Lowrey School to become a place where students do not tolerate bullying in any form. Our goal is to open people’s eyes to the problem of bullying and its effects. We hope to empower everyone in our building to take a pledge to raise awareness about bullying and its effects, to report or resolve incidences of bullying that we encounter, and to make our school a friendlier and more accepting place for every student. We won’t tolerate bullying in any form, and we will empower everyone to take a stand against bullying!
Just a few examples of the possible activities our C2BK group may participate in this school year include:
- Tshirts with C2BK logo and planned days to wear them
- Funraisers to raise money to promote kindness and help to others in need
- Monthly A2 presentations and skits to elevate bullying awareness and solutions
- Daily kindness and inspirational announcements on PA at school during A2
- A2 Book Club to focus on books, articles, and current events related to bullying
- Peer mentoring pairing older students with younger ones
- Teaching and modeling effective ways to be an upstander
- Community kindness outreach events
- Ongoing C2BK column in Lowrey Polar Express Newspaper
- Assigned technology days to send positive messages via social media and text
This club is free to join. Students will meet sometimes during the school day and sometimes after school. We encourage all kids to join and participate. We do realize that many students are not able to stay after school and some have other commitments such as sports and various after-school activities. Kids will have the freedom to be just as involved as they are able or willing.
The minimum expectation for their enrollment in this club is that they sign a pledge of kindness. More information and regular updates will be included in future newsletters.